|AIAKY/CAAK/HBC Code Workshop - Owensboro|| |
|Wednesday, June 20, 2012, 08:00am - 04:30pm|
||Hits : 182 |
International Green Construction Code (IGCC) Design Workshop
Click here to register online.
This workshop is co-sponsored by AIA Kentucky, the Code Administrators Association of Kentucky and the Kentucky Department of Housing, Buildings and Construction.
The International Green Construction Code (IGCC) represents a major change in the practice of architecture. As an "overlay" to the existing international codes (for example, the International Building Code and the International Energy Conservation Code), it bridges the gap between conventional code-complaint architecture and high-performance buildings. Focusing on the practical applications of the newly published 2012 IGCC, this full-day workshop will give participants experience in performing an IGCC code review of a sample project. Participants will be able to choose from a range of project sizes (small, medium, and large). This will be a hands-on, design-based workshop that will lead participants through a complete review of the aspects of the IGCC. It will include a review of key design decision points required in the early development of a project. We will review the implications of jurisdictional requirements, energy performance criteria, site issues, materiality, and commissioning considerations.
The workshop instructor David Collins, FAIA has been involved in development of the IGCC from its beginning; his experience ranges from the initial drafting committee to the adoption of the final code language. Participants from firms large and small alike are encouraged to attend and will find this workshop relevant to incorporating the new IGCC into their practices.
- Identify all the IGCC chapters and subject areas
- Apply the IGCC to current projects in their firms
- Identify key project design decision points that will be affected by the IGCC, including energy, commissioning, and development of the building envelope
- Discuss the relationship of the IGCC with other international codes
The workshop will be presented on four dates in four locations in Kentucky:
- Monday, June 18 - Louisville: Builder's Exchange of Kentucky, 2300 Meadow Drive
- Wednesday, June 20 - Owensboro: Homebuilders Association Office, 3515 Wathens Crossing
- Thursday, June 21 - Versailles: KCTCS Headquarters, 300 N Main St (do not use this street address for driving directions - click on registration link above for directions!)
- Monday, June 25 - Northern Kentucky: Marriott Cincinnati Airport, 2395 Progress Drive in Hebron
Registration fee includes coffee/danish and lunch. Sign-in 8 a.m., Program 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (local time) at all sites.
This program will earn seven (7) AIA/CES Learning Units in Health, Safety & Welfare and Sustainable Design topics. AIA Kentucky will report these credits to AIA for all AIA members attending. We believe the program will also be eligible for seven (7) PDUs in health, safety and welfare toward Kentucky state licensing requirements. Individuals are responsible for reporting credits to the Kentucky Board of Architects. AIA Kentucky will provide attendance verification forms. This program will provide 7 hours credit for Kentucky Building Inspectors Certification Program.
Click here for 2012 Workshop Paper Registration Form.
Credit Description: 7 AIA/CES LU HSW/SD
Location : Owensboro Homebuilders Association, 3515 Wathens Crossing, Owensboro
|Contact : Janet Pike, Hon. AIA;
JEvents v2.1.10a Stable
Copyright © 2006-2012